In the M.A. Animation and Game Entrance Exam applicants are supposed to demonstrate advanced competencies, knowledge and methodical skills relevant to the chosen specialization: “Technical Direction” or “Creative Direction”.
The Entrance Exam consists of two stages: a Portfolio Exam and an interview. Applicants must pass the Portfolio Exam for admission to the interview.
In order to participate in the Animation and Game Entrance Exam applicants must submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae in English language
- Motivation statement in English language
- Exposé in English language outlining the applicant’s intended field of interest
- Digital portfolio with 3-5 work samples related to the disciplinary field and the chosen specialization
- Portfolio Form
Details regarding the application for the Entrance Examination as well as the Portfolio Form can be found in the APPLICATION GUIDELINES .
ENTRANCE EXAM TECHNICAL DIRECTION SPECIALIZATION
Candidates for the Technology Specialization are expected to demonstrate a profound understanding of relevant technologies, a keen interest in scientific innovation, and a dedicated commitment to solving complex challenges. We seek individuals with a passion for advanced programming, adept utilization of cutting-edge technology, and the application of abstract thinking, coupled with the ability to seamlessly integrate artistic creativity with technical precision.
Applicants will be evaluated with regard to proficiency in tools, advanced programming, technical art and technical concepts. Emphasis will be placed on their capability to independently and systematically develop significant concepts and solutions within the domain of advanced animation and game technology.
Furthermore candidates are required to exhibit a compelling motivation for pursuing advanced studies in the field. A strong, critically informed interest in staying abreast of and contributing to emerging trends and advancements in animation and game technology is essential.
Applicants for Technical Direction should include projects in their application portfolio which are related the chosen specialization, such as for example:
- Demonstrations of algorithmic problem-solving and data structure implementations.
- Game prototypes or interactive applications developed using relevant Game Engines or programming frameworks.
- Animations, materials or general projects that show a technical approach
- Prototypes for VR and AR experiences showcasing both technological and artistic considerations.
- Digital environment assets and concept art, emphasizing the integration of technology into design.
- Technical aspects of game design, showcasing proficiency in coding, algorithms, and game mechanics.
ENTRANCE EXAM CREATIVE DIRECTION SPECIALIZATION
Candidates for the Creative Direction Specialization are expected to have advanced artistic, technical and methodical skills in the field of animation and game creation and production. They should demonstrate their potential to develop innovative and original creative approaches in discipline related areas such as digital animation, game design, narrative design, visual development, cinematography and experience design.
Applicants should substantiate a significant motivation for pursuing advanced academic studies in the field as well as a critically informed interest in staying abreast of and contributing to emerging trends and advancements at the intersections between design research, artistic practices and technology driven production processes.
Applicants for Creative Direction should include projects in their application portfolio which are related to the field of animations and games and the chosen specialization, such as for example:
- video games or video game prototypes
- animated shorts, animation series or other fictional or non-fictional animation formats (maximum length 4 minutes, for longer productions submit a trailer)
- visual development, art direction and concept development projects (game design documents, art bibles, pitch bibles, pitch trailer, animatics etc.)
- virtual reality and augmented reality productions
- 3-d graphics and digital visual effects productions